Identifying your needs
- What are your specific goals?
- Why are your selling?
- Are there any special circumstances?
- What is your time frame?
Visiting your home
- We can not truly give you accurate information about selling your home without seeing it. We want to see the amenities, condition and location.
- At this point we are able to review information about the market and what we feel can be done to help net you more money.
- Do extensive research on the home sales in your neighborhood.
- Present a comparative market analysis which shows the competition in the area and how your home compares. We believe in educating you about the current Colorado Springs market and what is specifically going on in your price range and your neighborhood.
- We represent you as your Seller’s Agent and work as your advocate and negotiator.
- Complete the Seller’s Agent contract and the Listing Agreement.
- We work hand in hand with you to establish a listing price you are comfortable with.
Preparing your home and staging
- We give you tips on staging your home and tell you how buyers will perceive your home. Our job is to give you honest feedback about what we feel needs to be done before marketing your home, the smallest details can help get a home sold. In addition, we have a list of local subcontractors to help with your needs.
- Collect information and data about your home including engineer’s reports, soils reports and any necessary disclosures. We compile this information and place it in the Seller’s Property Profile Book along with information for buyers to make an offer.
- Take measurements, photos and information about the home to use in advertisements and flyers.
- Set up a time convenient for our professional photographer to take photos and complete the Virtual Tour. 98% of all buyers look on-line in the their home buying process. Your home information is featured on the most visited real estate web sites in the world such as: Realtor.com, Zilliow.com, Truila.com, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services web sites and our personal web sites (over 40 sites). This also includes pay per click advertising to insure your home is visible, to include all of the professional photos and virtual tour.
Home on the Market
- Your home will be inputted into the Multiple Listing System. A sign with color flyers, designed by a graphic designer, will be placed in your yard and a Seller’s Property Profile Book with information about your home for buyer’s will be placed in your home.
- We will put your home on numerous websites including our own personal web site, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services web sites partner with the top national home search web sites. This also includes pay-per-click advertisements to insure our sites are visible.
- Details about your home, the virtual tour and professional photos are sent to the top agents in the city and the Berkshire Hathaway Home Services agents.
- We will begin our advertising campaign in local and military newspapers and contacting the top agents in the Colorado Springs.
- We hire a specific service that is specifically responsible for setting up listing appointments. They offer extended hours and are open on holidays. You can be emailed, texted and/or phoned for all appointments. We are also contacted for every showing on your home.
- We ask for buyer’s feedback and probing questions and pass the information on to you. We use this to proactively react to the market place and see if there is anyway to get the deal done.
- Once we receive an offer we carefully review the documents with you, paying close attention to the major ways a buyer can withdraw from the contract. We insure the main contingencies are completed early in the contract and that the buyer is lender approved.
- We guide you through the negotiations letting you know what is in your best interest. Our priority is to get you the best price with the best terms.
- We keep in constant contact with the buyer’s agent to ensure the transaction is going smoothly and that we will have a stress-free closing.
- Over the last several years 50% of all transactions that went under contract failed. It takes a seasoned and aggressive agent to get the deal closed!